Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Love is; "Sacrifice"

On September 17, 2008, I gave birth to my son Elias Isaiah Howard. It was the day I became a "mother". I had fears, doubt in myself, and I was "scared".I had no idea what I was about to face, but I knew with the Lord on my side, I would be okay. I truly believe that there is no love like the love you have for your child. The bond between mother and child is "inseparable". I thought about all the things that could go wrong, and how hard it would be before Elias was born. I decided that I would have my son, no matter what , despite my circumstances. I knew that being a parent would not be easy and there is no manual on how to raise a child.I had no money, I was in North Carolina, 519 miles away from home, a senior in college, pregnant in my senior year, half way there to graduation and I left to go home to New York , to go back home to live in the projects with my mom.When she found out, she was "devastated".Imagine at the point, how I felt. I was so "embarrassed". I let myself and everyone else down in my family that had high expectations for me.As time went by and I got closer to my due date,I developed this "indescribable feeling", a love for this new life that was growing inside of me. At times, I still can't believe I am a parent, but I'm glad I was chosen to become one.I remember making this vow; "I will keep my child, no matter how hard it gets, no matter how hard I struggle, he will be taken care of. I will take the road less traveled, not the easy way out and have faith that God will help me through this journey as a parent and a young woman".God has made a way for my son ever since the day he was born and he has provided food, shelter, clothing and family who love him to death. In my mind, I think Elias is more than a gift, but a treasure to God. Many may say, "I am crazy" when I say, "my child has brought me closer to God", and I say this because I learned what "sacrifice" is and what it means. According to the dictionary, "sacrifice", is defined as; "the surrender or destruction of something valued for the sake of something having a higher or more pressing claim".When I was carrying Elias in my womb, I was attending college. I gave up school and my life to take care of my child. When you love someone beyond measure, beyond what words can express or explain , you -"sacrifice". I am sure, to all of you who may read this blog has experienced a point in your life where you had to sacrifice something for someone else that you loved, because your love was that strong and genuine to make the other person happy. I think that JESUS sacrifice was the meaning of "true love". He gave up his life , to die on the cross for all of our sins!  Isn't it great to know that we have been saved from the wrath of sin because he shed his blood for us? God loved us so much, that he gave his only begotten son! Imagine how you would feel , if for example, your Mother or Father told you: "I love you but you are born for a will to be fulfilled, that is to die for all of humanity's wrath of "Sin".If this was said to you, you would probably feel outraged, angry , and above all else ask, Why? Why me? Well, that is how Jesus felt, but he loved his heavenly father and did it, despite what he had to face, which was; giving up his life for- "EVERYONE". He made the biggest sacrifice of all- "his life" and died for us.I am not here to preach to you, but I just wanted to share my testimony with you and share the "good news", of us having the chance to receive"salvation through Jesus Christ". It is never too late to accept Jesus as your personal saviour.I hope you enjoyed reading it, as much as I enjoyed writing it for you. I hope you were inspired and continue to stay encouraged, God has not forgotten about you. God bless you, and God loves you.*

                                                                                                                             Sincerely yours truly,
                                                                                                                             Inspirational Woman

1 comment:

  1. I'm in total agreement with you. When you have a child it changes everything, including your state of mind. It makes some people run scared out of fear of being responsible for the well being of another life, and for people like you, it's makes them stronger and understand the true meaning of "sacrifice". I'm glad you shared this blog, your words are powerful and need to be heard.

    ReplyDelete